Manic Motherhood at it's FINEST!!

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"
click the volcano for the due explanation
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." — Gordon B. Hinckley
Exaggeration is the spice of life

Book I am Currently Reading: Peter and The Shadow Thief

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mommier-Than-Thou-Monday

Welcome to Mommier-Than-Thou Mondays!!!!

Please, if you are an exceptional mom (and you know you are!!!) Link up below, grab the button, and join us in telling the world why YOU are a better mom than anyone else!!!!

***************************************************

I have exceptionally smart kids.

I really do. That's really 100% not just me being a mom who wears rose colored glasses while looking at my children. I mean, they're no Einsteins, but they ARE very smart.

And while I am well aware that most of that is their own merit- their own little brains are what is exceptional, I DO have to take a bit of credit here.

I have spent countless hours reading to my children. I have spent countless hours with them going through flashcards of the alphabet to help them remember so that they could learn to read. I have spent much time doing homework with them and answering impossible questions with actual pictures and definitions found off of the internet- no half baked or mediocre answers here!!!

Also, I never ever talked to them with baby talk. Brandon and I both have pretty decent sized vocabularies. And we actually know how to form a complete sentence. We don't use double negatives, and as a result, our children have picked up on much of our vocabulary as well.

It was a proud moment when my then three year old Mahone shouted from the back seat of my minivan "Mommy! Lilly's antagonizing me again!!!!" And yes, by the way, he DOES know what that word means.

As of this very Mommier-Than-Thou Monday, I am here to brag about the fact that my 2 year old Scarlet knows all her letters- uppercase and lowercase- by sight. She also knows their sounds, including both the long and short sounds of the vowels. She has known them for a few months now. I believe it was just before Halloween that she finally remembered the last letter she had been struggling with. And now, we are working on blending two letter words, such as at, in, up, and so on.

YAY for Scarlet, her big fat brain, and YAY for ME! Because I don't care HOW smart your kid is, they probably aren't going to learn very much without support from amazing parents!!!!



1 comment:

beth said...

YES!!!! Your babies are brilliant. That is an unbiased opinion. They are brilliant and adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...