Manic Motherhood at it's FINEST!!

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"
click the volcano for the due explanation
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." — Gordon B. Hinckley
Exaggeration is the spice of life

Book I am Currently Reading: Peter and The Shadow Thief

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Essential Life Lessons: Peppermint. (And Giveaway)



Don't forget my great giveaway! You could win a custom pair of upcycled arm warmers/fingerless gloves OR a custom upcycled pixie hat.





Click HERE to enter the contest! You have until Friday at midnight!!!!





Some of my One Of A Kind creations:

























*********************************************





One of the things I always dreaded before I became a mom was the seriousness of fevers. I was terrified of dealing with a sick child. The fear that comes along with that, the watching, waiting, the worry. Now that I have a whole lot of experience with that, I STILL fear it. I still worry, I still sit up awake even when my feverish baby is sleeping soundly against my chest.





Medicines like Tylenol and Motrin CAN bring down the fevers, but they don't ease the fear. Because they bring with them their own fear inducing qualities. Overdose. Bad batches. Internal bleeding. Allergies. The list goes on.





I have a really hard time giving any kind of medicine to my kids. There are always too many news stories about babies and parents who meant well.





All of these fears contribute to the big reason my husband and I became Do Terra Essential Oils distributors.





One of my favorite oils that I am so excited to share with you is Peppermint oil.













I think it's very important to share very soon considering sick season is soon upon us, and I have already walked the floors with sick children. I have a pot of gold for you.





The fastest way to safely get rid of fevers, without time limits, without overdoses, without fears and worry, is Peppermint oil.





Peppermint oil can be generously rubbed on the bottom of the feet or at the back of the neck and brings down the fever in minutes. Simple as that. And the smell is soothing and helps the feverish little one sleep soundly.





Do Terra Peppermint Oil is:


*Anti inflammatory


*Antiseptic


*Anti parasitic


*Anti spasmodic


*Astringent


*Expectorant (clears mucus. The same thing a cough syrup is supposed to do.)


*Stimulant





Uses:


*Relieve stress, including stress induced headaches.


*Resolves digestive problems like diarrhea, nausea, motion sickness and COLIC when diluted with coconut oil (also distributed by Do Terra) and rubbed generously over abdomen.


*Add Peppermint to beverages, cookies, fudge, or any other number of culinary favorites to make them into masterpieces.




*Peppermint can be used as a natural insect repellent, especially when mixed with Eucalyptus oil (Another Do Terra favorite.)


*Cools you off during hot weather when rubbed on the back of the neck.





Price for 15ml bottle:


Retail: 27.33 Wholesale: 20.50

2 comments:

Jennifer Wolfe said...

Those gloves are really cute! They'd be great for teenaged texters!
Stopping by from Vb M2R!
http://mamawolfe-living.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your etsy store is so cute .. I'm so in love with those gloves may have to come back and do some shopping :)
x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...