Manic Motherhood at it's FINEST!!

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"
click the volcano for the due explanation
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." — Gordon B. Hinckley
Exaggeration is the spice of life

Book I am Currently Reading: Peter and The Shadow Thief

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Not Me Monday and Things That Must Go!

This weekend, we took our kids to Karaoke in the city. (For those in Utah- Karaoke Cafe in Murray is a non-alcoholic family friendly place to go sing Karaoke. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's an absolute BLAST, really great environment, and it's inexpensive.)

Lilly did NOT literally shake her little hips to EVERY song, she did NOT sing the ENTIRE collection the cafe had of "Taylor Swift"


Singing Katy Perry's "Firework"


"Firework"





Singing Taylor Swift's "Love Story."



Singing Taylor Swift's "Fearless"


More "Fearless"



Scarlet did NOT refuse to sing almost anything except for "Three Little Birds" in the style of Bob Marley.


Scarlet singing "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley with Daddy.



Mahone did NOT run around the courtyard the entire time, NOR did he flirt with the waitresses.


Mahone singing his favorite: Frank Sinatra's "Fly me to the Moon."


AND....I did NOT forget to bring any diapers for Teague and he did NOT promptly poop in the one he was wearing, so Brandon did NOT have to drive to the closest family dollar and buy a NEW package of diapers, even though we have a brand new package at home already.


Teague, obviously pleased with his dirty-buttness and our having to go fetch him some new ones.




style="text-align: center;">Hanging out before Karaoke started, after the clean diaper.



Oh! And I did NOT get Lilly an interview with a talent agent at Star Studios- Can't wait for Friday! Wish us luck!

Link up over at MckMama's to share YOUR "not me's" and to see more!


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Grab my button on the right sidebar, and link up with YOUR weekly Things That Must Go!


1. Martyr-Mommies. You know the type- the ones who insist that any mother who is not sacrificing EVERYTHING for her children is neglecting her priorities. Even if said "neglectful" mother has passions and/or hobbies that do NOT interfere with her care for her child, Martyr-Mommies seem to feel that she should find SOME way to fill up that passion with her children so that it IS necessary to abandon it. Martyr-Mommies also tend to have NO hobbies of their own that don't include their children- because, you know, THEY have THEIR priorities straight. Often, Martyr-Mommies over lap with the Mommier-Than-Thou mommies.

2. The seam on my new (read: second hand from Savers for 7.00) American Eagle blue jeans that was cut or sewn wrong and so, as I walk, it slowly rotates until it runs down the FRONT of my shin instead of the SIDE of my calf.

3. 24 hours in a day. I need at least 30.

4. 90 degree weather. It's October. Come on, now. It's time to cool off.


Link up below, friends!!!!!

(Oh- and sorry about the underlined text. Every time I put in photos or a button, all the text goes underlined, and I don't know how to fix it...if you do, let me know.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




Like my blog? Please vote for me by clicking the button for Top Mommy Blogs! Thanks!Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory




7 comments:

Lacey said...

Does this linky not open until 9:23 your time? haha I keep checking to see if I can link up, but it's not open. I think you are an hour behind me, so I will check again later. Way to make me come to your blog forty times in one night, Brae! :op

Windthicket Fables said...

Haha- Lacey- yeah, I'm trying to increase my traffic. I thought that was a good way. LOL. I kid, I kid. I think that's when I posted the last one, so this link is conforming. LOL. I figured I'd check it too, after 9:23 and if it's not working, I'll post another one.

Lacey said...

See...I am totally on to you! :op It's still not working on my end so I will just link up in the morning. Maybe you're really two hours behind me. IDK.

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

That looks like sooo much fun! Such darling pictures. I need to do something like that with my kids sometime :)

Anonymous said...

Karaoke! That looks like a blast-- my oldest son would love this-- he really thinks that he's the next Michael Jackson-- gotta find a kid friendly one in LA :)

visiting from VB!

Unknown said...

LOL, I LOVE that Karaoke! Although in our house we just turn on Rock band on the Wii; thus we have the Karaoke experience; but without mommy embarrassing herself infront of a bunch of strangers. lol.

But it is a lot of fun watching the kids do it! Your pictures are great!

visiting from VB
JadeLouise Designs

amber hanks said...

1- i am with ya. i love it when people act like because i take a couple hours maybe once every 2-4 weeks and go do something just for me, whether it be alone or with friends, that this means that i dont care enough about my husband and children. i stay at home all day, pretty much every day, i never get a day off so i dont see a problem if i take some time out to do things that i enjoy every now and then. And i couldnt love my family more.

2-that sucks :(

3- heck yeah, imagine what i could acomplish

4- see i am cool with the warm weather, i hate cold and with the cold comes the snow that i hate even more. but i wouldnt mind it being and staying like mid 70's

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...