Manic Motherhood at it's FINEST!!

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"
click the volcano for the due explanation
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." — Gordon B. Hinckley
Exaggeration is the spice of life

Book I am Currently Reading: Peter and The Shadow Thief

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lessons I've Learned from an Introvert

Thursday's Writer's Prompt
Lessons I've Learned from an Introvert


1. Don't be afraid of silence. 
              ~ It's okay to sit and be quiet together. Introverts aren't afraid of silence.  If this is a friendship, silence and equal trust, when one knows how to shut one's mouth. Most people think silence is awkward. It doesn't have to be. Not if you trust each other. If it's a relationship (romantic) a lot more emotion can pass in the silence of a room. 

2. Listen
               ~ I have trouble shutting up. I have SO much to say. But sometimes, it's better to listen than it is to talk. I now make a conscious effort to let others talk FIRST. Introverts are experts at this. 


3. Give advice hesitantly. Even when it's solicited. 
              ~ Most of us feel like we have it right and we need to spread the word. That may be so, but for the most part, everyone else feels like they have it right too, and when they complain, they don't WANT advice. And when they ask for it, they still only want to be validated. Introverts know how to recognize genuine inquiries and then are careful about their words. 

4. Don't say things you don't mean. 
               ~Since introverts already aren't prone to saying much, they are naturals at guarding their tongues. You can rest assured that everything they say is genuine and real. 

5. Don't judge a book by it's cover. 
               ~ Since introverts don't often wear their hearts on their sleeves, it's impossible to determine the kind of person they are without taking time to get to know them. It's opposite from those of us extroverts who blab our life stories happily to anyone who will listen. Most often, someone who takes time to get to know is worth the effort. 

**********************************************

Like my blog? Please vote for me by clicking the button for Top Mommy Blogs! Thanks! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

Diane said...

As an introvert, I'm really loving reading these posts! I agree with all five of those things, wholeheartedly.

This makes me want to write a post about lessons I've learned from an extrovert. Hmm... :)

Unknown said...

Oh these are great! it is so true! I'm an introvert on special moments, but mostly I'm an extrovert. I need people. My husband is becoming an introvert and it's hard to manage as i don't understand it much...so this will help me understand him better. :)

JadeLouise Designs

Unknown said...

beautiful blog
new follower of ur blog
now follow my blog
http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...